Religious Education Intent, Implementation and Impact
- Develop every child’s concepts, beliefs and understanding of religious and non-religious views of their global community.
- Make sense of religion and worldviews, broadening and deepening knowledge and literacy of religion and reflect on their own ideas.
- Ask big questions about life, exploring what people believe and what difference this makes to the way we live.
- Understand what it means to live in our community and the wider world, and to promote values that help pupils be more confident, healthy, optimistic and outward thinking.
- The school follows the Derbyshire and Derby City Agreed Syllabus for Religious Education 2020 – 2025.
- To instil a love of learning about Religious Education, we recognise the need for lessons to be exciting and engaging.
- Links to current events, selected celebrations or festivals are made throughout the year, giving context to learning.
- Children of all abilities are challenged and inspired to make progress and excel.
- Children will experience immersive workshops and visit places of worship to raise the profile of Religious Education.
- Children make links between their own lives and those of others in their community and in the wider world.
- Children develop an understanding of other people’s cultures and ways of life and worship.
- Children show high levels of self-awareness and model respect and empathy for others.
- Through discussion and feedback, children will talk enthusiastically about their R.E. lessons and other faith days.
- Children develop a strong moral foundation underpinned by British Values to make a positive impact in their local community, Britain and beyond.
Religious Education Topic Overview
At Bramley Vale, we follow a two yearly plan to ensure the curriculum is fully covered. The outline plan for both Cycle 1 and Cycle 2 is listed below. Each half term, we try to have a school trip or experience linked to our topic for wider learning experiences. If you have any questions about this, please contact the school.