DT Intent, Implementation and Impact
- Provide opportunities for our children to be creative and innovative; to design and make products that solve real and relevant problems.
- Provide opportunities for children to excel in DT
- Reflect upon, critique and evaluate past, present and own design technology, its uses and its effectiveness to broaden and deepen knowledge.
- Refine skills, knowledge, concepts and values to enable children to take risks and become innovators.
- Link work to other disciplines such as mathematics, science, engineering, computing and art.
- Our D&T curriculum has a clear progression of skills.
- Our CRAVE ‘topic’ curriculum ensures a full half term of dedicated D & T coverage.
- Lessons are planned with challenges for children of all abilities so that they can make progress and excel.
- Well planned project ideas reflect originality in thinking and promote design making decisions that make links with the world around them.
- All D & T projects build towards a whole school showcase where children’s work is celebrated.
- Children confidently develop their design, make, evaluate and technical skills to at least meet National Standards
- Children see D & T as a purposeful subject that inspires future study and links across other domains.
- Children are engaged and inspired by the D & T curriculum.
- Through discussion and feedback, children will evaluate what they have produced and the journey they made to design and make it.
DT Topic Overview
At Bramley Vale, we follow a two yearly plan to ensure the curriculum is fully covered. The outline plan for both Cycle 1 and Cycle 2 is listed below. Each half term, we try to have a school trip or experience linked to our topic for wider learning experiences. If you have any questions about this, please contact the school.