Computing Intent, Implementation & Impact
- Following the EYFS & National Curriculum, we teach children how computers work (computer science), how they are used (information technology) and how they are used safely (digital literacy).
- Teach children the appropriate knowledge & skills so they become fluent, confident and creative with the application of computing.
- Provide cross-curricular opportunities for children to apply their computing skills in other subjects.
- Provide opportunities for children to excel in computing.
- Offer a varied breadth of creative experiences across the school to enable our children to thrive in an ever-changing global community.
- Our CRAVE curriculum has a clear progression of knowledge and skills.
- Our CRAVE curriculum provides a breadth of topics to allow a variety of computing activities covering Computing Science, Information Technology and Digital Literacy.
- Children are encouraged to develop their understanding and awareness of computing beyond the classroom.
- Lessons include opportunities for children to challenge themselves to excel.
- We provide extra computing opportunities to allow children to apply what they have been taught in different contexts (Cross-curricular computing). This allows children to remember and use what they have been taught.
- Children are taught discrete online safety lessons (during PSHE), take part in our Ivengers program and discuss online safety throughout the year.
- Children possess age-appropriate knowledge and skills and can apply this in a variety of contexts.
- Children understand how to stay safe online and who they should speak to if they feel uncomfortable about anything they encounter online.
- Children are digitally literate and can use computers responsibly and safely in and out of school.
- Children are motivated to achieve in computing so that they are confident and outward-looking when accessing opportunities that arise in the future.
- Children leave primary school with digitally enabled, critically thinking minds as they become active participants in an increasingly digital world.
Computer Topic Overview
At Bramley Vale, we follow a two yearly plan to ensure the curriculum is fully covered. The outline plan for both Cycle 1 and Cycle 2 is listed below. Each half term, we try to have a school trip or experience linked to our topic for wider learning experiences. If you have any questions about this, please contact the school.